Orthodontic Care at Loomis Family Dentist
Loomis Family Dentist provides complete orthodontic care, correcting problems created by improper teeth and jaw alignment. If you have crooked teeth or teeth that do not fit properly together, you may also suffer from side effects caused by stress on your teeth or chewing muscles as a result of this misalignment.
As an orthodontist, Dr Vanderwalker can help provide you with a healthier mouth, relieve stress on teeth, gums and chewing muscles, and give you a more pleasing appearance. If you suffer from the following, please call Dr. Vanderwalker for a consultation regarding orthodontics:
- Over or under bite
- Crossbite, where your upper teeth do not slightly overlap your bottom teeth during a normal bite.
- Open bite, or space between your teeth when your back teeth are biting down.
Other causes which lead to orthodontics are misplaced or misaligned teeth, spaces or gaps between your teeth or what is called crowding, or when too many teeth occupy the dental ridge of your mouth.
Orthodontic Treatments include:
- Braces, the most common appliance affixed to the teeth, gradually move teeth into proper position.
- Other fixed appliances are used under different circumstances.
- Aligners, space maintainers, retainers, and even headgear, all are options depending upon the level of attention your mouth may need.